These guides are a comprehensive collection of tutorials and online resources for United students.
You can search this page for a keyword in the question you want answered (e.g., “register”) by typing ctrl-F (PC) or command-F (Mac) on your keyboard.
If you have a question you’d like to see answered in these guides or you find information that needs to be updated, please send a Moodle Message to Matt Stollenwerk. You can also email Matt at email@example.com.
Table of contents
1.4. Student Support
1.6. Tuition and Fees
1.7. Financial Aid
1.8. Program Curriculum
1.10. Course Registration
1.11. Online Learning
1.12. Spencer Library
1.18. Academic Records
1.21. Writing Resources
1.24. Campus Technology
1.25. Campus Facilities
- What and where is the Masters Student Handbook?
- What is United’s statement on Title IX and nondiscrimination compliance?
- What is United’s policy for accommodating students with disabilities?
- How can I request an accommodation for a disability?
- What is United’s statement regarding accommodating those with chemical sensitivities?
- What technology and skills do I need to participate in coursework?
- What are the campus procedures in case of emergency?
- What is the campus snow closure policy?
- What is the law regarding college student immunizations?
- What are the mandated reporting requirements?
- Who can I contact for personal needs or issues related to a student or faculty member?
- Where can I go for information and referrals for mental health counseling?
- How do I report a sexual harassment issue?
- Where is the Student Executive Committee (SEC) digital community?
- What is Moodle?
- How do I get started with Moodle?
- Which web browsers are recommended for Moodle?
- How do I log into Moodle?
- How can I access Moodle on my mobile device?
- Why can’t I access the course I registered for in Moodle?
- How do I update my user profile and picture?
- How can I get notifications of forum posts sent to my email address?
- How do I subscribe to or unsubscribe from a forum discussion?
- How can I automatically subscribe to forums I post to?
- How can I track which posts I’ve read in a forum discussion?
- How can I receive a single digest notification of all posts to a forum each day?
- Why can’t I copy or paste text?
- How do I send a message to another user in Moodle?
- How do I read messages sent to me in Moodle?
- How do I view a Moodle Forum discussion?
- How do I post a response to a Moodle Forum discussion?
- How do I add an image, video, or audio file to a Moodle Forum post?
- How do I submit an assignment in a Moodle course?
- Why can’t I submit an assignment online?
- How do I view assignment grades in a Moodle course?
- What are Moodle Outcomes?
- How do I conduct a video group meeting in Moodle?
- Where can I find the Plan of Study worksheet for my program?
- How do I view my degree audit online?
- What are the NCMDC development consultations/testing?
- What are the LeaderWise development consultations/testing?
- Where can I find the schedule of courses?
- How do I look for course information online?
- How can I preview the syllabus of a course before registering for it?
- How do I register for a course online?
- How can I register for a course after the self-registration period ends?
- Who gets priority registration?
- When will I be subject to a late registration fee?
- How do I register to audit a course?
- What is the procedure to add or drop a course?
- How can I add or drop a class?
- How do I register for CPE?
- How do I register for Ministry Practicum?
- How do I register for the Special Studies elective?
- How do I cross-register for for a course at another Consortium seminary?
- How do I register to audit a course for continuing education?
- How do I register for my MA thesis?
- What is the deadline for registering for my MA thesis?
- Where is the Schedule of Classes?
- What strategies can I practice to be a successful online learner?
- How can I assess my readiness for online learning?
- How do I join a class session by video using Zoom?
- How can I start a virtual study group?
- What are the library’s hours?
- What are the library's loan policies?
- How can I find out online what I have checked out?
- How can I search the library's online catalog?
- What library resources are available to distance students?
- How can I access the library's online catalog from off campus?
- What is United's copyright policy?
- How can I schedule use of the small group and study rooms in the library?
- Can I access course materials through the library?
- How do I submit an order for printing and binding my MA thesis?
- How do I submit an order for printing and binding my DMin thesis?
- How do I apply for my DMin thesis proposal to be submitted to the Thesis Reading Team?
- How do I apply for my DMin thesis to be submitted to its readers?
- Where is the DMin Thesis Evaluation Form?
- Where is the DMin Oral Examination Report Form?
- Who are the MA thesis teams composed of? [Registrar]
- What is my United login name?
- How can I reset my password if I forget it?
- How do I change my United email and Moodle password?
- How do I log into my United email account?
- How can I redirect messages sent to my United email account to another account?
- How do I sync my iPhone with United's email, contacts, and calendar?
- How do I sync my Android device with United’s email?
- What protection does United's email have against viruses and spam?
- How do I protect myself from email phishing scams?
- What is the Bigelow Chapel?
- What is the Chapel schedule?
- How can I contribute my gifts and talents to the Chapel?
- How can I submit my availability for pulpit supply?
- How can I submit a request to lead a Chapel service?
- What are the Chapel guidelines?
- What is the checklist for leading Chapel worship?
- How do I arrange for printing of Chapel bulletins?
- How can I participate in guided Buddhist meditation?
- What is proper etiquette (Netiquette) for online communication?
- What are common net/texting abbreviations?
- What are common net/texting emoticons?
- Where is my campus student mailbox?
- What is Monday Morning?
- Where can I find older issues of Monday Morning?
- Where can I find United’s news announcements?
- When will I receive a pass/fail grade for a course?
- How do I request an academic transcript?
- How do I view my grades and academic transcript online?
- Where can I view the list of textbooks for my course?
- How can I avoid being included in a class video recording?
- How do I request a course extension?
- Why am I being asked to complete a course evaluation?
- What do I do if I know I’m going to miss a class meeting?
- How do I request a change of degree program?
- How do I request a leave of absence?
- How do I request a credit transfer from another school?
- What are United's technology use policies?
- Who do I contact about problems with the United website?
- Is the network down right now?
- How can I connect to United's network on my computer or mobile device?
- What is available on the campus lab computers?
- Where can I recycle used ink and toner cartridges?
- How can I get help with AV equipment?
- Where can I find campus directions and maps of the campus buildings?
- What is the Context Café?
- What is The Intersection art studio?
- What is the Outdoor Community Oven?
- Where are accessible and unisex restrooms located on campus?
- How can I reserve a meeting or study space on campus?
- Where can I deposit mail for faculty and staff?
- Where is lost and found?
- How do I submit a change of address?
- Where can I find job opportunities at churches and other employers?
- What student health plan options are available?
- How can I get a replacement student ID card?
- Where can I get information on CUE Seminaries?